Image Map

1920's Inspired Invitation Design

14 Nov 2013

The other day I was contacted by a new client who is in charge of her company's holiday party, the theme was Roaring 20's.  She wanted me to come up with a few ideas using the opulence of the Great Gatsby.  

Since her budget was still up in the air, I created a few different samples for her to discuss with her committee.  We decided on a color palate of Gold and Black. 

I started my first design using an antique gold metallic card stock and embossed it to give it that tufted pillow appeal.  I proceeded to add crystals to the front of the card, on the inside I added a pocket for the additional information for each guest.  I placed the actual invitation on the inside of the invitation.  

Since my client really liked the antique gold look, I kept it going to my next design.   I grabbed a beautiful presentation box, and added my signature pillow covered in beautiful white satin. Then I started working on the invitation, I created a double layered flat panel invitation, then added a beautiful gold and crystal ribbon slider and a beautiful white feather. I mean really, what is a Roaring 20's invitation without feathers.


And finally, and just to be on the safe side, I created another invitation for the budget friendly event. This one was featured a beautiful 1920's flapper silhouette with a glitter covered feather.  In this case we opted to  not layer the invitation, making it really affordable for any budget.  I really enjoyed how this one came out. 


Edith loved these invitation and had a really tough time choosing one, can you guess which one they went with?  I will tell you when I get pictures from the event. 

Tata for now my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicago DJ and Chicago Wedding DJ - by Fourth Estate Audio. BBB rated A+.